Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Just got a planer... Anything I should know?

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
I just purchased the DeWalt 735 planer last night, and read over the
manual. Operation seems easy enough, and in practice has been. I managed
to get some snipe on a board and then almost eliminate it by supporting
the
board more.

Is there anything I should know before I get going too far? I've never
used a planer before, and while operation seems simple enough, I don't
want
to miss something important.

It's amazing what comes out of the planer. This nasty looking piece of
wood goes in, and something beautiful comes out.

Puckdropper

Don't be suprised when you start to see ridges in the out put results. That
is normal and your planer has settled into being a thicknesser as opposed to
a short lived thicknesser and finisher. You need to sand afterwards anyway.