Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Just got a planer... Anything I should know?

"C & S" wrote in
:

Plane only clean wood with not nails, brads, or screws in it. ...

I'll add to that.. no paint or finishes either... You wouldn't think
it but it will completely dull your plades ina couple of passes.

-Steve

I didn't think about the finishes. It makes sense, though. After seeing
how fast some of the sand paper gummed up cleaning polyurethane, I'd hate
to have something similiar happen to the knives.

Thanks!

Puckdropper