Posted to rec.woodworking
Neil Brooks Neil Brooks is offline

Default Just got a planer... Anything I should know?

On Apr 11, 5:28*am, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
I just purchased the DeWalt 735 planer last night, and read over the
manual. *Operation seems easy enough, and in practice has been. *I managed
to get some snipe on a board and then almost eliminate it by supporting the
board more.

Is there anything I should know before I get going too far? *I've never
used a planer before, and while operation seems simple enough, I don't want
to miss something important.

It's amazing what comes out of the planer. *This nasty looking piece of
wood goes in, and something beautiful comes out.

Puckdropper

Either get the DeWalt in/outfeed tables or build your own.

In recent testing, that was the ONE shortcoming in an otherwise GREAT
planer.

Once PROPERLY supported, the 735 took Best of Breed.

So ... congratulations on a great purchase !!