Posted to rec.woodworking
Garagewoodworks Garagewoodworks is offline

Default Just got a planer... Anything I should know?

On Apr 11, 7:28*am, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
I just purchased the DeWalt 735 planer last night, and read over the
manual. *Operation seems easy enough, and in practice has been. *I managed
to get some snipe on a board and then almost eliminate it by supporting the
board more.

Is there anything I should know before I get going too far? *I've never
used a planer before, and while operation seems simple enough, I don't want
to miss something important.

It's amazing what comes out of the planer. *This nasty looking piece of
wood goes in, and something beautiful comes out.

Puckdropper

Never plane anything less than 12" long. I learned the hard way.