Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb[_2_] cavelamb[_2_] is offline

Default Battery drill external battery pack

On 4/9/2010 10:47 AM, Robert Roland wrote:
On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 10:46:55 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Have you ever built a battery drill, using a dead
cordless drill, and external battery pack?

No, but I have, on a couple of occasions, cracked open the original
battery and replaced the cells inside.

I've done that a couple of times and have had great results.
Better than brand new!

That must have been at least 20 years ago. I just bought some 4200mAh
NiMH ones. That is suspiciously high, though. Around 3000mAh is more
common.

There's no point. Once the first cell dies, the rest are not far
behind. Also, an automatic charger could get confused if the battery
had a mix of fresh and old cells. In the long run, it's much better
economy to replace all cells at the same time.

--

Richard Lamb