Posted to alt.home.repair
Sanity[_5_] Sanity[_5_] is offline

Default Lowe's blows

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Sanity" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
So what's new? I had an issue with a Husky power washer that died after
three uses. Store says it's factory's fault. Factory says warranty no
good.

I made a sign that said, "HD SELLS HUSKY JUNK". I sent a registered
letter to the store with a picture of the sign. I said that I intended
to picket the store, and notified them of the time and date. I also
told them that I had notified the local TV station that has the consumer
reports news report. I told them in the letter that if their attitude or
that of the supplier changed, to contact me, and I would accept a full
refund and cancel my picketing.

I got my money back.

Steve

HD or Lowe's will take back any defective product. They just return it to
the manufacturer and get reimbursed. The manufacturers will take back
their merchandise in order to remain vendors with the big box stores.

That was not my experience. Neither would step up.

Steve