Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
SMS SMS is offline

Default Lowe's blows

On 08/04/10 10:32 AM, Sanity wrote:

"SMS" wrote in message

. A
judge is likely to rule against you if you sue Lowe's because they
will say that you should know not to believe anything an employee of
the store says about any product.

That's one of the most foolish statements I've heard. A sales associate
represents the store. If he lies or misrepresents the store is
responsible for it. Just think. Go in and buy a shovel and the associate
tells you that that shovel will shovel your walk without you even
holding. it. They'd sure sell a lot of shovels but the next morning
there would be a lot of screaming customers out there. A representative
of any company is exactly that, a representative and/or agent.

Suit yourself. I'm just telling you where you'd have the most chance of
getting any restitution. You have a very weak case, but it's possible
that the manufacturer would offer you something just to get rid of you,
but Lowe's is unlikely to settle.