Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default Lowe's blows

On Apr 8, 3:23*pm, "Sanity" wrote:
"I asked the associate what the difference
was from what they used to carry. He told me it's the same with sand
added to give better traction. I read the label very carefully. It
said "Do not use on concrete that is less than 1 year old or not
cured. Concrete should be sealed".

So, you read the label and it indicated it was OK for your application
and it must have been consistent with what the floor guy told you or
you would not have used it. *Did it have the same melting ingredient
that you bought previously or not? * The whole idea of "what they used
to carry" is very vague. * * It's not unusual to find stores like this
carrying various brands at various times. *Both you and the floor guy
could be right. * It could be the same melting ingredient as stuff he
saw sold at times in the past and different from what you happened to
buy. *Proving any of that is very problematic.

It would seem to me that you are on much firmer ground going after the
manufacturer of the product.

You keep pushing the point. *When I went to the store to complain, I pointed
the associate out to the manager. The associate told the manager exactly
what he said which coincided with what I said.
No matter what you think of the store's associates, they mostly know the
store policies and usually know about the products in their aisles.- Hide quoted text -

You must have very different guys working in the Lowes in your area
than here. In my experience, at any of the big box stores, it's more
common to find them anywhere from clueless to somewhat helpful.
Sometimes you find a really good guy, but it's more the exception.

I guess I'm still waiting to hear what it is that the sales associate
or Lowes did that was wrong. All you say he told you was that the
product in question was the same as "what they used to sell", except
that it has sand added. What exactly did the product contain? What
did the "product they used to sell", which could itself be multiple
things, contain? Can you show that the particular compound is not
suited to the application?

You can sue anyone you want. But it seems most people here don't
think Lowes is at fault.