Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pleasant (tentative) surprise with Bridgeport Customer Service

Ignoramus16651 wrote:
I called Bridgeport (division of Hardinge now) and spoke to customer
support. I asked a lady if they have schematic for the electrical
cabinet and repair manual. To my great surprise, she said that they
likely have the manual and that she will email it to me today. I hope
that it works and I get something.

I've lost track, but isn't that machine you just bought an Interact? I
don't think the complete machine was made by Bridgeport, only the iron.
So, Bridgeport/Hardinge won't have info on that. I know the control
is Heidenhain, it doesn't seem logical Bridgeport would supply controls
that competed with their own BOSS series, but maybe I'm wrong, as the
Interact machines DO say "Bridgeport" all over them.

Jon