Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Edelenbos Ed Edelenbos is offline

Default Sliding miter saw

Replying at the bottom of the list of replies... all suggestions are
appreciated. Now to make *my* mind up...

Ed

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message

Thanks for any suggestions

Ed

OK, I rarely if ever admit this and I can just hear the laughter
coming but...

My name is Bill W and I have a 12" Craftsman slider that I bought a
year ago on sale for $229. I was totally without when I had to return
a borrowed unit and I was just going to buy a $99 10" non-slider to
get me by until I could afford a 12" Milwaukee or Hitachi, etc. Then I
saw the sale. It has served me very well and I haven't found the need
to replace it.

Honestly, I NEVER rely on my cutoff saw to do square cuts; I just use
it for rough length. The only time I use it for finish cuts is
compound miters and some less critical flat miters. I put on a better
blade, tweak the adjustment and move slow and get perfect cuts when I
need them.

As a disclaimer I do have some real tools like a Powermatic TS and
Shaper, etc.

P.S. I did break a part of the saw (totally my fault) while under the
one year warranty and Sears was great, calling me every few days with
an update and apologizing for a few days delay in getting and
installing the replacement part.