Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default OT computer/video question OT

On Apr 8, 12:51*pm, "Snag" wrote:
*I'm tryin' to assemble diverse pieces into a sorta-kinda media center ..
One of those pieces is a computer , Intel D865PERL MoBo with ATI 9600 series
video card . The video looks great on a VGA monitor but ain't so great on my
TeeVee . I'm hooked up with an s-video cable straight off the card into the
TeeVee , and the picture is B&W for all practical purposes . Drivers and all
are up-to-date .
* I'm wondering if it's just a cheap cable , it's one my son got with
another device . Got an adapter (s-vid male/rca female) that I'll try since
I was too late to cancel the order (didn't know son had cables ...) .
* Another option is the DVR I hooked up yesterday . It has an ethernet port
and recognized my network . Only problem is that the menu didn't show the
network options it's supposed to have when hooked to a network . I'd really
rather stream from my in-house servers thru the DVR , cuz that's one less
device in my living room . Doing it that way will also let me stream stuff
like netflix onto my TeeVee ...
--
Snag
And this all started

Is the aforementioned TeeVee analog or digital?

If digital, try HDMI / DVI. I got a poor picture using s-video from an
ATI 9250 card to a Visio HDTV/monitor.

Else If analog, give up.

jsw