Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT computer/video question OT

Snag wrote:

I'm tryin' to assemble diverse pieces into a sorta-kinda media center .
One of those pieces is a computer , Intel D865PERL MoBo with ATI 9600 series
video card . The video looks great on a VGA monitor but ain't so great on my
TeeVee . I'm hooked up with an s-video cable straight off the card into the
TeeVee , and the picture is B&W for all practical purposes . Drivers and all
are up-to-date .

Possibly.

I'm wondering if it's just a cheap cable , it's one my son got with
another device . Got an adapter (s-vid male/rca female) that I'll try since
I was too late to cancel the order (didn't know son had cables ...) .

It may be wired for a different application.

Another option is the DVR I hooked up yesterday . It has an ethernet port
and recognized my network . Only problem is that the menu didn't show the
network options it's supposed to have when hooked to a network . I'd really
rather stream from my in-house servers thru the DVR , cuz that's one less
device in my living room . Doing it that way will also let me stream stuff
like netflix onto my TeeVee ...

The DVR probably needs an IP address assigned for it to work with
your network.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell