Tom Bergman

Default WORKING TIPS FOR NEW WOODWORKERS 1

Not a harsh word in there. Why don't you answer the question about
why a 1/2" hammer drill, a glue gun, and a paint gun would good
starter tools for a beginner? I'm a long way from a beginner (or just
beginning - depends on who in the wreck I'm compared to) and I see
little or no use for those three specific tools.

What do you propose be made here - a spray painted craft wreath with
glued on fake fruit, Hilti bolted to the sidewalk?

Ok, the 1/2" hammer drill can drill plain old holes in wood too, but a
standard corded or cordless 3/8" is a lot more appropriate for that.

wouldn't things like chisels, layout tools, scrapers, planes, a good
paint (well, one for varnish or shellac) brush make just a wee bit
more sense for a beginning woodworker?

Face it, you gave bad advice.

And that's just a wee bit harsh.

Would a spammer admit that many of the products sold by the company in
question are garbage? Probably not. I found the SPECIFIC items on the list
to be adequate for a BEGINNER. Why are you so harsh?