Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias[_2_] Mark Zacharias[_2_] is offline

Default Ceramic Emitter resistor packs UK

"Tim Schwartz" wrote in message
On 4/6/2010 6:34 PM, Gareth Magennis wrote:
Hi,

anyone know a source for those dual 5 watt white ceramic Emitter Resistor
packs you find in EV P3000,s Dynacord Powermates etc?

They are the thin rectangular ones with 3 legs. I need some for a
Powermate which are 0.22 ohms. I usually get the 0.33 and 0.47 EV
versions
from Shuttlesound, but Dynacord seem to use 0.22, which I can only get
from
Beyer Dynamic at rather extortionate cost, (£15 a pair all in) and they
are
out of stock anyway.

I can't bodge anything else into the Powermate as they have to sit
between
the heatsink and the metal housing for the fan and airguides - the
typical
10mm square 5 Watt ceramics will not fit. Bummer.

I have found a couple of single versions of these in my components boxes
of the same width
(5mm) and half the length which I believe I got from Yamaha. So a source
of
these would be a possible alternative.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Gareth,

I know you asked for a UK vendor, but MCM Electronics
(www.mcmelectronics.com) in the USA has them as part number 28-0540 for
$2.09 each. While shipping might be expensive, it might be worth it if
you need a half dozen or so.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Every time I scrap out a Sony surround receiver I get 4 or 5 of these. They
add up fast.

Mark Z.