Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Ceramic Emitter resistor packs UK

Hi,

anyone know a source for those dual 5 watt white ceramic Emitter Resistor
packs you find in EV P3000,s Dynacord Powermates etc?

They are the thin rectangular ones with 3 legs. I need some for a
Powermate which are 0.22 ohms. I usually get the 0.33 and 0.47 EV versions
from Shuttlesound, but Dynacord seem to use 0.22, which I can only get from
Beyer Dynamic at rather extortionate cost, (£15 a pair all in) and they are
out of stock anyway.

I can't bodge anything else into the Powermate as they have to sit between
the heatsink and the metal housing for the fan and airguides - the typical
10mm square 5 Watt ceramics will not fit. Bummer.

I have found a couple of single versions of these in my components boxes of
the same width
(5mm) and half the length which I believe I got from Yamaha. So a source of
these would be a possible alternative.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 4/6/2010 6:34 PM, Gareth Magennis wrote:
[...]

Gareth,

I know you asked for a UK vendor, but MCM Electronics
(www.mcmelectronics.com) in the USA has them as part number 28-0540 for
$2.09 each. While shipping might be expensive, it might be worth it if
you need a half dozen or so.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 07:58:53 -0400, Tim Schwartz
wrote:

[...]

It would be relatively easy to have someone in the US buy these for US
delivery, and reship in a USPS Small Flat Rate box tothe UK. Shipping
costs would be relatively small, assuming you got enough resistors.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

Thanks.

I'm waiting for an email from MCM on actual shipping costs.

If anyone in the UK wants any of these, email me with quantities, I may
order a batch of 50 to get the lower price point and spread the cost amongst
ourselves if there is enough demand.

Cheers,

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 14:31:35 +0100, "Gareth Magennis"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

I could possibly be talked into reshipping them if you wanted...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Tim Schwartz" wrote in message
[...]

Every time I scrap out a Sony surround receiver I get 4 or 5 of these. They
add up fast.

Mark Z.