tony sayer

Default Radio controlled clock question

In article , Andy Hall
writes
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:15:47 +0100, Tim Mitchell
wrote:

In article , Lawrence
Milbourn writes
Rugby has never transmitted R4. It has always been for shipping and MoD
work. Each of the big masts is mounted on a large ball bearing so that they
can move in the wind. Some of them have a sort of lift arrangement up the
middle. Its quite interesting to watch them in a thunderstorm, apparently
they also produce roast beef and lamb in the surrounding fields.
As a child, I lived about a mile from them.

As Dave said, I was mixing up Rugby and Daventry.

R4 on 198kHz is from Droitwich. I believe that Daventry is medium
wave......

Radio 4 from Daventry has a carrier wave on 198 Khz which is referenced
to the national physical lab who in turn reference to God in order to
provide an ultra stable frequency reference fore test equipment and the
like.

Rugby wireless station transmits MSF on 16 Khz for time clocks etc. It
has been down for maintenance recently which has caused some clocks some
problems. It has a website something like www.npl.something or
other...FWIW...
--
Tony Sayer