Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac,misc.consumers.house
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Home ac having problems - freon doesn't seem to be circulating

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

cleaning. I'm sure a few on alternating havoc are tired of
hearing me say "have your condensing unit professionally
cleaned". I've found over the years that even condensors
that look clean are often dirty. Which interferes with
cooling, and drives the electric bill up. One Trane I
cleaned, the amp draw dropped about amp after cleaning.
Which is equivilant to turning off two 100 watt light bulbs.

Grin, I'm hopeful that is all I need! In fact, it's a possible. I asked for
servicing too.

Groan, when we got back they hadn't changedd the filters since we left in
2001. We even left then with with 6 of them (anticipating 3 years away).