Posted to misc.consumers.house
lora lora is offline

Default question on termites

Hello,

A few days ago, we saw a swarm of winged insects near the edge of the
door in the wooden part. Then later, they had carved small cracks in
the wood.

Is there any kind of recommended spray/chemical that would get rid of
any possible termites living inside of it?

Anything non-toxic would be great.

Also, do you recommend putting termite baits outside the property to
repel them? anything else we can do?

And if we do end up calling termite companies, what is a reasonable
price for the initial application? I emailed one and got a quote of
$600 which seemed really high.

Let me know if you have any ideas. We are newbies to this sort of
problem.

Thanks!