Posted to rec.woodworking
Phil Brown[_2_] Phil Brown[_2_] is offline

Default Buy a jig or have them done by CNC?

On Apr 4, 1:09 pm, "Stuart Pearson" wrote:
Hi All

I am hoping someone may be able to give some insight, I wish to make some
fitted book selves. I intend to use pegs to support / adjust the shelves,
and I am concerned about how to drill the holes accurately. I am currently
considering two options, buying a jig like thishttp://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=788455&src=froogleand using
this or sending them to a local CNC routing company and having them do it.
As way of background I would say I am ok when it comes to woodwork but I am
certainly no cabinet maker. I am likely to build shelves again but not on a
regular basis. Any advice or alternative options would be appreciated.

Cheers
Stuart

Norm made one on The New Yankee Workshop. And CNC is a bit overkill.
You don't need that level of accuracy.
Phil Brown