Greg G.

Default Review of the new Porter Cable 895PK- Part 1

Ken Yee thus spake:

Dum question, but why not the Dewalt 618B3 (the triple base
kit)?
Or just get a Bosch 1617 for handheld use and Hitachi M12 for the
the router table?

Dumb answer... Lots-o-money? g

Thanks for the detailed review of the PC895...most reviews
on this I've seen were pretty positive...

I'm still trying to get over why they bothered to put an auto-collet
lock on this thing when it doesn't even work! On the fixed base, the
rack hits the base and binds before it engages. On the plunge base,
it bottoms out before it ever gets to the tang. Go figure? Does no
one even try these things out? I was not impressed, and it is not up
to PC's standards.

In the included video, the Router Workshop guys used wrenches to
remove the bits, claiming that it was easier for them.
I bet it IS easier - 'cause it DOESN'T WORK!

Greg G.