Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I need an idea on how to use scrap electrical conduit.

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 12:46:45 -0700 (PDT), the infamous karchiba
scrawled the following:

On Apr 5, 2:36*pm, Mark Rand wrote:
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 14:22:40 -0500, "Karl Townsend"

wrote:

I've got a pile of 7/8 conduit. maybe 500 ten footers. And i need to make
tomtato stakes for 150 plants. I checked growers out in FL this winter. They
use rebar with the advantage being the tying twine you run down the row
doesn't slip - just loop and pull tight. Here I'm thinking buy rebar. How do
you use conduit for tomato plants? Specifially, how do you tie to this slick
stuff?

karl

TIG welding :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

Keep in mind that most conduit is Galvanized (Zinc) plated. No
Welding without removing the Zinc.

Kevin, after removing the zinc, what rod do you use to attach tomato
stems to the conduit? silly grin

--
In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are
needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And