Posted to alt.home.repair
Twayne[_3_] Twayne[_3_] is offline

Default House wiring problem

In
,
Evan typed:
On Apr 4, 9:33 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Well, you must be an engineer?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

That is the biggest problem with engineers, they think they
can "engineer" their way to solving some problem that a
good technician with installation/repair experience can
diagnose almost immediately...

~ Evan

Hmm, let's see, who should I trust? The engineer who
intuitively knows and understands what the max wattage will be
and its impact on the resistor? Something he knows
intuitively, BTW, and confirms almost instantly in his mind?
Or, should I trust the experienced one that says to use a
47 ohm resistor but actually only THINKS that's what it was?
Besides, a 47 ohm resistor won't "explode". We had to go all
the way down to a 2.2 1/8 watt before it'd explode the
resistor; that was one surprised tech when he turned his bench
on! Wish I could remember the composition; it wasn't carbon.
In many cases, such as this one, the engineer has MORE
experience in the outcome due to his knowledgable experience
than the "experienced" who simply depends on "it's always been
that way" and has no idea whether he's approaching a cold, a
hot, or a flaming resistor? They both have the experience;
but only one knows for sure it's the applicable experience to
that situation.

No, I'm not an inja-neer. I just understand reality.

HTH,

Twayne`