Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Buy a jig or have them done by CNC?

On 4/5/10 7:57 AM, Leon wrote:
wrote in message
On 4/4/10 11:08 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

http://fwd4.me/6wG $13

I use one very similar to that and it works perfectly.
By the time you set up some of the fancy, expensive ones, you could be
done drilling with a simple one.

Spend the money on a good bit& stop system that don't stick or clog.

The Rockler jig comes with a brad poing vix type bit that is self clearing
and does not eat away at the jig.

That's the same one I got from Woodcraft. Those bits are great, but
mine had trouble with clogging and the clog would make it stick in the
depressed position.

It got frustrating having to whack the thing every two or three holes to
clear the clog.
Maybe it was the plywood, maybe it was just a case getting what you paid
for, maybe they've improved the bits. Just FYI, for anyone looking into
it. Maybe buy it local, in you can, so you can return it.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--