Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Buy a jig or have them done by CNC?

"Stuart Pearson" wrote in message
Hi All

I am hoping someone may be able to give some insight, I wish to make some
fitted book selves. I intend to use pegs to support / adjust the shelves,
and I am concerned about how to drill the holes accurately. I am
currently
considering two options, buying a jig like this
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.a...55&src=froogle and using
this or sending them to a local CNC routing company and having them do it.
As way of background I would say I am ok when it comes to woodwork but I
am
certainly no cabinet maker. I am likely to build shelves again but not on
regular basis. Any advice or alternative options would be appreciated.

Cheers
Stuart

I have been using this jig for 15+ years and have drilled thousands of holes
with it.
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...f%20hole%20jig