Posted to uk.d-i-y
DavidM DavidM is offline

Default OT; PC Backup

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 22:33:48 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sun, 04 Apr 2010 14:43:54 +0100, DavidM wrote:

I use Genie Backup Manager, and take an image of my C: drive every so
often (manually initiated), plus an automatic backup every time I
first login each day.

Doesn't that slow the machine/network down just when you want to use
it? And surely you want a backup done when you log off rather than on
so things that you have just created/changed are backed up ASAP.

At the time I couldn't find anything that would let me run the backup
program on logoff, and anyway there's usually someone else in the
family queueing to use the PC when I finish with it. I've set Genie to
run with low priority, so while it does slow things down a little the
machine is by no means unuseable.

Each user on the windows boxes here has Second Copy
http://www.centered.com/ run when they log off

Is this a feature of Second Copy, if not how does it get triggered?

David