Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default My workbench design project -revised

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

It goes without saying, the router is in a table.

I'm glad you mentioned that--though it will be difficult to turn my back on
an idea which makes so much sense.
The technique you described has been printed and saved, maybe for use on
bench #2; surely for use somewhere.

Definitely not free hand work.

Lew

In answer to those that asked, there are four 4 by 4s, about 30"
long--hopefully not too unwieldy. If I start with one 36" long, I can
practice the cut! : )

Right after I posted the description of "my solution", it occurred to me
that rather than using "2 small nails", I should nail a small wooden block
to the side of the workpiece to leverage against. At first, I thought
"clamp a small wooden block", but reading the posts I better realize that 4
by 4s are not toys...

Bill