Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Cap Andy Cap is offline

Default OT; PC Backup

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 13:35:39 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

I save anything vital like my business accounts on to a memory stick, but I
don't backup general stuff - which could be an inconvenience if anything
happened.

I have Norton 360 which has a built in back up feature - but it doesn't
work. Drives me mad.

Everytime it reaches the stage 'Insert DVD' it them claims the DVD isn't
empty. Tried loads of different makes & the DVD slot works OK with
everything else.

So, would I be better off with one of these online backup companies or
buying some kind of external device?

If the latter, any suggestions to a PC numpty?

I use one of these ! Just drag over what you want to store.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yz2u758

If you want a SW solution, then hopefully someone else has some suggestions,
because what I use on Windows is very old. On Linux I use 'Image for Linux'
which is OK.

Andy C