Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eregon[_4_] Eregon[_4_] is offline

Default Manufacturing is BOOMING in USA

"Bill Noble" wrote in
:

"Ignoramus17332" wrote in
message ...
On 2010-04-03, David Courtney wrote:
They're saying, "Gee, he pumped trillions of dollars into the
most
corrupt industries and poorly run companies he could find... and six
months
later there's a little "blip" on the manufacturing index.
Whooo-hooo!"

Keep in mind that "pumping" takes form of asset purchases, buying
preferred stock and (possibly) equity. These are investments that
are, in most cases, recoverable.

keep in mind that most of the hate postings are by people who are
bitter, isolated and not on the receiving side of any benefit.

This describes the majority of the US population.

There used to be a time when we felt that what was good for the
country as a whole was the right thing to do - you will notice that
this attitude is now gone, particularly from those posting about death
panels, baby killing, and using divisive terms and invective.

If it was good for the country there wouldn't be the divisness that
you're complaining about.

The fact that it's BAD for the country is the very reason for the
divisivness.

We had a civil war once - it was not pleasant.

What makes you think that it's over?

It just moved from an armed conflict phase to an economic war phase and
the South is winning. grin

I had hoped we had matured enough to find solutions rather than make
speeches but evidence appears to the contrary. Carl Rove and his
divide and win policy certainly has not helped any. The demise of
newspapers has led to the uniformed believing what they read on
internet blogs or hear screamed by talking heads who are paid for
their ability to arouse, not for their ability to be truthful. Those
who denigrate the current administration via ad-hominem attacks and
factless accusations are part of the problem - and screaming,
shouting, and spittle do not lead to a dialog, solution, unity, or
progress. Did anyone ever see Regan, for example, stoop to this
level? or Eisenhower? or even either of the Bushes?

No, but we saw a lot of it from FDR, JFK, LBJ, Jimmie "the Klutz" Carter,
the Clintons and, now, BHO - the Affirmative Action President.