Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Manufacturing is BOOMING in USA

On 2010-04-02, RogerN wrote:

"anorton" wrote in message
news

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...

Awesome! How many manufacturing jobs are they moving from China to the
USA?

RogerN

One of my clients ( www.esystemstechnology.com ) recently won a contract
to manufacture equipment that had been built in China. In the high-tech
world, engineering skill, quality and reliability trumps a few bucks in
price.

In my experience there is much more engineering work this year than last.

That's good to hear. Sometimes I wonder if there's ever a WWIII, will the
USA be able to stand on our own manufacturing ability, or will we need to be
supplied by those we are at war with?

I believe that the US us able to make weapons, and such, but it lost
the ability to make networking components. Even the US government buys
China made Cisco equipment.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message
Iggy,
I'm amazed by your statement. When was the last time any product in the
stores said "Made in the USA"? There is virtually no serious manufacturing
left in the States. You don't need statistics to witness this and in point
of fact, without seeing US products on the shelves, you have absolutely no
justification for believing them. The same thing is happening in Europe
and Japan. We have already exported almost all of our manufacturing to the
third world to remain competitive in the world market. Don't believe the
**** you read....look on the shelves.
Steve

Take a look at the detailed US manufacturing data (and the trade data, which
is another story) and you may be in for a shock, Steve. What you're seeing
on shelves is consumer products. They're the bottom end of manufacturing.
The US is doing very well in industrial and commercial products, and the
overall dollar figures of output keep climbing year after year. Of course,
during a recession, everything drops. But go back two years and look at the
decades-long trend.

I'll pull together some links if you have any trouble finding it.

--
Ed Huntress

"Ignoramus23298" wrote in message
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...739806306.html

Manufacturing Expands World-Wide

Best month of activity in USA in six years, makes my search for an
investment in a warehouse, possibly, even too late, although
realistically I still have a chance. My own opinion, mostly based on
liquidation auction prices for equipment that is usable in modern
production (as opposed to clapped out 50 year old manual lathes), is
that we are about to see sharp economic growth.

U.S. factory operators saw their best month of activity in nearly six
years during March. The Institute for Supply Management reported
Thursday that its index of manufacturing activity for March moved to a
reading of 59.6, from 56.5 the month before and 58.4 in
January. March's level was above the 57.0 economists had expected to
see, and it was the highest reading since July 2004. Readings over 50
indicate growth.

I do think that "Obama haters" , who succumbed to pessimism because of
who is in the White House, are making a big mistake in not recognizing
that this country has every potential to be a great economic and
industrial machine. We are now in a bull stock market by any standard,
and are seeing improvements in both growth and productivity. If this
continues, the United States will see a lot of incremental tax
revenues from additional economic activity and capital gains, and that
alone could be a big help to reduce budget deficit.

"Obama policies", which anyone should be free to like or not like, do
not fundamentally change the fact that we are a dynamic, capitalist
economy. In fact, availability of health insurance may help someone to
move towards self-employment.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-04-02, Wes wrote:
I work in the manufacturing sector. I was pretty thrilled the other day when a stud we
use that was purchased off shore was replaced by a USA made item. USA was able to make
the spec and do it for a competitive price.

I purchase a lot of things from McMaster-Carr, I've noticed over time, that a huge amount
of what they sell is produced in the USA. When it isn't, it is from nations like France,
Germany, and Japan. I seldom recieve Chineese products from that firm.

Manufacturing isn't dead yet, we just have a lot of competition that didn't exist not so
long ago. It is sorting itself out.

The way I interpret the auction sales that I go to, is that most of
the shops closing down are equipped with old technology. I have never
seen an outright modern CNC shop without mostly old or older stuff,
close down. This is a relatively recent realization. I used to call
what is happening "deindustrialization", but now I think that it is a
healthy process of modernization.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-04-01, RBnDFW wrote:
The Bush policies are finally starting to yield positive results.
Of course, BHO's lackeys won't be giving Bush credit.

Recall the timeline of the events. The crisis hit us in the late
September of 2008, on the eights year of Bush presidency.

The response to it was mostly worked out only by the end of
October. Significant money still was not spent by the end of Bush
presidency.

I would not, therefore, give Bush administration much credit, though
they deserve a small amount of credit.

The basic moves were not a political issue. Stopping the collapse of the
international credit system was not political. Stimulating the economy with
deficit spending in a sharp recession is not political. As one of McCain's
top economic advisors said early last year, it wouldn't have mattered who
was in office. The things that the Bush administration did at the end, and
what the Obama administration has done since, are exactly what ANY president
would have had to do.

It's just real-world economics. NOW it's political, because it gives some
less-than-honest politicians a populist issue.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote in message

On 2010-04-01, RBnDFW wrote:
The Bush policies are finally starting to yield positive results.
Of course, BHO's lackeys won't be giving Bush credit.

Recall the timeline of the events. The crisis hit us in the late
September of 2008, on the eights year of Bush presidency.

The crisis had been in the works for nearly two years at that point with
Congress passing the first of several spending measures on January 25th
(?)
2008.

Sounds about right, the crisis hit when the Democrats won big in the
election in 2006 and took a turn for the worse when Obama pulled ahead in
the polls around Sept 2008. No wonder the Bible says the "Fool" has said
there is no God, you Atheists prove the Bible correct time after time and
you don't even know it!

RogerN

Roger, don't be an idiot. The Republicans blocked legislation 104 times in
the last Congress -- and that was counted before it was over.

There were no big economic policies enacted during that time, and none at
all that didn't have Republican support. So please quit playing your banjo
and take a look at what really happened.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RBnDFW" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"RBnDFW" wrote in message
Pete C. wrote:
Hawke wrote:
On 4/1/2010 10:28 AM, Ignoramus23298 wrote:
[...]

Don't try to tell right wingers that anything Obama is doing is
working,
is good policy, is successful, or is the right thing to do. They
continue to believe in the tried and failed policies that Bush and the
republicans stand for, and that they put in place when Bush was
president. What's scary is that they want another chance to implement
the exact same failed policies again. They have simply not learned
that
what they believed was wrong. So don't try to tell them Obama's way of
doing things is good. They won't hear of it. They're wedded to failed
policies and that's that. Now the rest of the normal people are all
starting to see what you see and what I have already said before,
things
are turning around and we are beginning a new phase of positive
economic
growth. Just be happy we're coming out of the Bush debacle and are
moving ahead once again and make some moves that allow you to profit
from seeing the obvious.

Hawke
Unfortunately, nobody left or right can admit when their policies have
failed, and mostly nobody can even correlate their policies and the
actual results since there is such a long lag time before they
typically
have any effect. This is of course why everything is cyclic.
Of course there's lag time.
The Bush policies are finally starting to yield positive results.
Of course, BHO's lackeys won't be giving Bush credit.

Just one question he Are you completely out of your freaking mind?

where'd you say that smiley collection was?

It's taken a beating lately. g What "Bush policies"? All he did was run an
improving economy on deficits -- a stupid thing initiated by Reagan -- and
let the theives rob us blind by avoiding regulation.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Ignoramus23667 wrote:

On 2010-04-02, Wes wrote:
[...]

Yes. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_destruction.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus23667 wrote:

That's good to hear. Sometimes I wonder if there's ever a WWIII, will the
USA be able to stand on our own manufacturing ability, or will we need to be
supplied by those we are at war with?

I believe that the US us able to make weapons, and such, but it lost
the ability to make networking components. Even the US government buys
China made Cisco equipment.

The idea of a Chinese produced router as part of a DOD network is scary as hell.

Your post had me wondering where Intel has chip fabrication located so I did a bit of
googling.

This link is a couple years old but I was pretty darn happy to see Intel doesn't have
fabrication plants in China. http://www.cpu-world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9550

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Is the boom due to census workers hired for the couple
weeks? Or, maybe the new IRS guys, and all the workers
mandated by the Health Care Deform?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...

Awesome! How many manufacturing jobs are they moving from
China to the USA?

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus23298 wrote:
On 2010-04-01, RBnDFW wrote:
[...]

Ok, now I understand, every time the Democrats win more seats, things go
further south and it's the Republicans fault. So now Obama stole more of
the economy from our kids, our future, and he's doing a good job. Sorry to
be such an idiot and not realize these obvious truths. :-)

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-04-02, Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

I would like to see some data Ed. Thanks

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-04-02, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus23667 wrote:

That's good to hear. Sometimes I wonder if there's ever a WWIII, will the
USA be able to stand on our own manufacturing ability, or will we need to be
supplied by those we are at war with?

I believe that the US us able to make weapons, and such, but it lost
the ability to make networking components. Even the US government buys
China made Cisco equipment.

The idea of a Chinese produced router as part of a DOD network is scary as hell.

And yet true. http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread350381/pg1

Look for powerpoint slides there

Your post had me wondering where Intel has chip fabrication located so I did a bit of
googling.

This link is a couple years old but I was pretty darn happy to see Intel doesn't have
fabrication plants in China. http://www.cpu-world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9550

Good to hear.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

m...

Ignoramus23298 wrote:
On 2010-04-01, RBnDFW wrote:
[...]

Where did you hear that nonsense?

So now Obama stole more of the economy from our kids, our future, and he's
doing a good job.

Don't be ridiculous.

Sorry to be such an idiot and not realize these obvious truths. :-)

Sorry, Roger, but you go around in circles too much for me to try to engage
this with you.

You blame a Democratic Congress for decades of mindless conservative
economics that let the worldwide financial industry go in the tank, and
trigger a recession. You think that the number of seats in the legislature
determines outcomes -- when you know damned well that a minority in the
Senate has been blocking legislation.

It isn't worth discussing it with you if you intentionally act dumb.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 08:50:29 -0500, the infamous Ned Simmons
scrawled the following:

On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 14:04:10 -0700, Tim Wescott
wrote:

Steve Lusardi wrote:
(top posting fixed)
"Ignoramus23298" wrote in message
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...739806306.html

(referenced article snipped)

Iggy,
I'm amazed by your statement. When was the last time any product in the
stores said "Made in the USA"? There is virtually no serious
manufacturing left in the States. You don't need statistics to witness
this and in point of fact, without seeing US products on the shelves,
you have absolutely no justification for believing them. The same thing
is happening in Europe and Japan. We have already exported almost all of
our manufacturing to the third world to remain competitive in the world
market. Don't believe the **** you read....look on the shelves.
Steve

For an alternate set of data, consider my customer list -- with a few
exceptions, I do all of my work for US manufacturing companies, and they
support me very well indeed. No one hires a design consultant if they
don't intend to be manufacturing what the guy designs, and relatively
soon. While my business isn't booming it's certainly picking up
steadily but slowly.

Only another anecdote, but my situation is similar. I design and build
automation, tooling, and misc manufacturing equipment. I ran out of
work for the first time in 25 years around the end of 2008. There's
been enough to keep busy since, but no backlog. More recently demand
has increased to the point that I've started refusing work again.

My buddy (Terry in LoCal) does similar work and is having feasts and
famines throughout the year for several years now.

On the other hand, employment at my largest customer is still way
down, and the folks that are there are working harder than ever. In
other words, they're spending on capital projects, but seem to be
waiting as long as possible to rehire production workers.

So, Ned. What do you hear? Are they saying that expansion is from
Obama's fabulous job so far, or is everyone saying "Well, it doesn't
look as if he's going to take the country down this year, let's invest
and expand for awhile."

--
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent,
but the one most responsive to change.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Relocating a underwater machine shop? was Manufacturing is BOOMING in USA

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Thu, 01 Apr 2010 18:55:17 -0700 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 16:35:51 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or
about Thu, 01 Apr 2010 13:20:55 -0700 did write/type or cause to
appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

"Obama policies", which anyone should be free to like or not like, do
not fundamentally change the fact that we are a dynamic, capitalist
economy. In fact, availability of health insurance may help someone to
move towards self-employment.

Chuckle...wait the the Commerical Real Estate Crunch hits.

Want to start a manufacturing business? Come out to California.

Lots and lots of existing shops here, where the owners simply walked
away from the building, leaving all the machinery(unpaid for), all the
tools (unpaid for) and all the piles of completed work (unpaid for)
still sitting in the shipping dock.

Ill bet you could get a complete shop for simply walking in the front
door.

Course..you better have at least 4 yrs worth of expense money in the
bank.....

Which leads me to the question, how long would it take to rig such
an enterprise onto transportation to another location, one which might
be considered more business friendly?

That is what some of the folks are doing. Some saw the California
economy going south a couple years ago, so sold their homes and business
locations, and bought raw land in Idaho, and other states. One client of
mine sold his house for $350k, and sold his shop local for $850k

He moved to Idaho, bought 25 acres, had a brand new house built, had a
Butler Building erected..all for less than $250k, moved his machines up
for $50k and now has more than $900k in the bank, a fully functional
machine shop in operation and is happy as a clam.

Friend of mine figures he may be able to do likewise in a couple
years. Sell the house, close the office, move out of state - just
over the border. Still work in this state, get a reciprocity deal
with the neighbor state. He figures he can cut back to merely a forty
hour week and make ends meet.

Not everyone was that smart, or able to do that, unfortunately. Too
many forgot that the client was UPS away, or for the odd ones..needed to
be near their clients.

Some things can't be outsourced.

Now that the housing market bottom has fallen out..and the Commercial
Real Estate crunch is on the close horizon....that option may no longer
be available.

But my question was more about "Hmmm, I need machine tools, where
can I 'pick them up' for just the cost of hauling them away?"

I am remembering article from several years ago, that in a number
of countries, it was such an onerous task for a business to fail
(legally) that many owners would just close the doors and disappear.
Sounds like similar things are happening in SoCal.

tschus
pyotr

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...

Ok, now I understand, every time the Democrats win more seats, things go
further south and it's the Republicans fault. So now Obama stole more of
the economy from our kids, our future, and he's doing a good job. Sorry
to be such an idiot and not realize these obvious truths. :-)

RogerN

What do liberals care? Our kids will undoubtedly have to support their kids
in an unending flow of cheese-checks and free healthcare.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-04-02, Ed Huntress wrote:

[...]

Ok. First off, total manufacturing output, adjusted for inflation. The gray
bands are recessions. If you want to see data preceding 1970, click on
"Vintage Series" (ALFRED):

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/IPMAN?cid=3

The Annual Survey of Manufactures goes into great detail, but it involves a
lot of paging. There are filters and so on that you can use:

http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet...me=AM0831VS101

This one (the M3 report) is tedious to read, but you can drill down and see
how much we're manufacturing in very finely-defined categories. It's the big
one. Since it's a drill-down table, you can see broad categories and then
finer ones.

When I did reports on manufacturing for the trade press, this is the one I
used. And if you think this is tedious, you should have seen it in the old
days, when one report was one bookshelf full of computer printouts:

http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet...me=AM0831GS101

There are download options for these files. If you want graphs, or want to
compare a category output over time, you'll have to fish around for historic
tables and create your own graphs. I used to do this frequently. It's a
hassle. Here's home base:

http://www.census.gov/mcd/

One very interesting thing to look at is the trade data. I'm going to
recommend this for a start:

http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/...ease/ft900.pdf

Here's the home for that general class of data:

http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/data/index.html

Note that our exports really are not that far below our imports, if you look
at them in the same place (the graph does this). When we talk about
protecting against imports, we have to wonder who will buy all those exports
if we do.

The tables in the PDF above show many surprising things. We're exporting as
much in many industrial categories as we import. If it wasn't for oil and
low-end consumer goods, we'd be pretty close to balance.

Enough for now? There's a ton of this stuff available. These links aren't
always the quickest to read, but they collectively answer just about any
question you might have.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-04-03, Buerste wrote:

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...

Ok, now I understand, every time the Democrats win more seats, things go
further south and it's the Republicans fault. So now Obama stole more of
the economy from our kids, our future, and he's doing a good job. Sorry
to be such an idiot and not realize these obvious truths. :-)

What do liberals care? Our kids will undoubtedly have to support
their kids in an unending flow of cheese-checks and free healthcare.

I would not be so "undoubtedly" sure whose kids will end up supporting
whose kids. Life takes interesting turns sometimes.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RBnDFW" wrote in message
Pete C. wrote:
Hawke wrote:
[...]

What I know and understand about politics wouldn't cover the bottom of a
very small thimble, but I have to ask, just as Ed did.
Are you out of your freaking mind? Ten years for Bush policies to
start working? Seems to me, they started working long ago. Why the
hell do you think we've been in the mess we've "enjoyed"?

of course my statement was tongue in cheek, and the responses were
predictable.
We've beaten this dead horse to death, but I do have to point out that
the current political and economic quagmire we find ourselves in has many
roots, and many more pointed fingers, some justified, some not.
My conclusion, which is worth what you pay for it, is that our leaders
did some incredibly stupid things over a long period of time. I think the
Democrats did the most damage, but not by much.
Today, I don't know if the situation is salvageable. I am just going to
take care of myself and the people I care about, hope for the best, plan
for the worst.
And I'm going to be a lot more politically active.

Blush!

I admit, I failed to see the tongue in cheek comment as such.

Yep---we're in one hell of a mess. Being politically active may not be
the solution. What we really need are statesmen, instead of individuals
looking to feather their own nests, as appears to be the case with the vast
majority of politicians (a word I use loosely).

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

They're saying, "Gee, he pumped trillions of dollars into the most
corrupt industries and poorly run companies he could find... and six months
later there's a little "blip" on the manufacturing index. Whooo-hooo!"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-04-03, David Courtney wrote:
They're saying, "Gee, he pumped trillions of dollars into the most
corrupt industries and poorly run companies he could find... and six months
later there's a little "blip" on the manufacturing index. Whooo-hooo!"

Keep in mind that "pumping" takes form of asset purchases, buying
preferred stock and (possibly) equity. These are investments that are,
in most cases, recoverable.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-04-03, David Courtney wrote:
They're saying, "Gee, he pumped trillions of dollars into the most
corrupt industries and poorly run companies he could find... and six
months
later there's a little "blip" on the manufacturing index. Whooo-hooo!"

Keep in mind that "pumping" takes form of asset purchases, buying
preferred stock and (possibly) equity. These are investments that are,
in most cases, recoverable.

keep in mind that most of the hate postings are by people who are bitter,
isolated and not on the receiving side of any benefit. There used to be a
time when we felt that what was good for the country as a whole was the
right thing to do - you will notice that this attitude is now gone,
particularly from those posting about death panels, baby killing, and using
divisive terms and invective. We had a civil war once - it was not
pleasant. I had hoped we had matured enough to find solutions rather than
make speeches but evidence appears to the contrary. Carl Rove and his
divide and win policy certainly has not helped any. The demise of
newspapers has led to the uniformed believing what they read on internet
blogs or hear screamed by talking heads who are paid for their ability to
arouse, not for their ability to be truthful. Those who denigrate the
current administration via ad-hominem attacks and factless accusations are
part of the problem - and screaming, shouting, and spittle do not lead to a
dialog, solution, unity, or progress. Did anyone ever see Regan, for
example, stoop to this level? or Eisenhower? or even either of the Bushes?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-04-03, David Courtney wrote:
[...]

And we are going to have another one before long.

I had hoped we had matured enough to find solutions rather than
make speeches but evidence appears to the contrary.

Indeed. Check Washington and the Internet. Leftwingers are hardly
"mature". Responding to them at their level causes them to go even
more bat**** crazy.

Neither has the Franks/Pelosi/Schumer "**** the Right" stance.

The demise of
newspapers has led to the uniformed believing what they read on internet
blogs or hear screamed by talking heads who are paid for their ability to
arouse, not for their ability to be truthful.

Odd...since the newspapers are/were largely a
Liberal/Progressive/Socialist/Marxist run media..the Internet has given
other viewpoints far far more visability to other viewpoints amd
frankly...truthful information exchange.

Those who denigrate the
current administration via ad-hominem attacks and factless accusations are
part of the problem -

What..you dont like Transparency?

and screaming, shouting, and spittle do not lead to a
dialog, solution, unity, or progress. Did anyone ever see Regan, for
example, stoop to this level? or Eisenhower? or even either of the Bushes?

Nope..but one must respond to Leftwingers in a fashion that they are
most familiar with and one that they comprehend. One that they use for
the most part.

Afterall...one cannot be understood if using proper English, when
addressing inner city thugs, correct?

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-04-03, David wrote:
They're saying, "Gee, he pumped trillions of dollars into the most
corrupt industries and poorly run companies he could find... and six months
later there's a little "blip" on the manufacturing index. Whooo-hooo!"

Keep in mind that "pumping" takes form of asset purchases, buying
preferred stock and (possibly) equity. These are investments that are,
in most cases, recoverable.

What the whining complainers fail to mention is that not only did the
government pump money into large corporations it didn't want to see go
bankrupt, but it also pumped a lot of money into the hands of taxpayers
and states. Extension of unemployment benefits, middle class tax cuts,
and payments to the states all did a hell of a lot of good. But in this
case you don't see how bad it would have been if they didn't. You may
not see a lot of obvious improvements but think what it would have been
like if unemployed workers had lost benefits right away, if the public
had not had more money in it's hands from the tax cuts, and the states
had not gotten any money from the federal government. If none of those
things had been done there is no doubt we would have been in a real
depression. But I wonder if the republicans would have been happier if
that had happened. If you followed their do nothing approach that is
what would have happened, so I can only surmise that they would have
preferred a depression rather than do what Obama did.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus23298 wrote:
On 2010-04-01, RBnDFW wrote:
[...]

Here now! Banjo players are all carefree, happy fellows, like myself.
Most of us wouldn't know a politician if we met him; heck, some of us
don't even know what color one is :-)

RogerN doesn't qualify. Not even "air banjo".

Cheers,

John D.
(jdslocombatgmail)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bill Noble" wrote in
:

"Ignoramus17332" wrote in
message ...
On 2010-04-03, David Courtney wrote:
They're saying, "Gee, he pumped trillions of dollars into the
most
corrupt industries and poorly run companies he could find... and six
months
later there's a little "blip" on the manufacturing index.
Whooo-hooo!"

Keep in mind that "pumping" takes form of asset purchases, buying
preferred stock and (possibly) equity. These are investments that
are, in most cases, recoverable.

keep in mind that most of the hate postings are by people who are
bitter, isolated and not on the receiving side of any benefit.

This describes the majority of the US population.

There used to be a time when we felt that what was good for the
country as a whole was the right thing to do - you will notice that
this attitude is now gone, particularly from those posting about death
panels, baby killing, and using divisive terms and invective.

If it was good for the country there wouldn't be the divisness that
you're complaining about.

The fact that it's BAD for the country is the very reason for the
divisivness.

We had a civil war once - it was not pleasant.

What makes you think that it's over?

It just moved from an armed conflict phase to an economic war phase and
the South is winning. grin

I had hoped we had matured enough to find solutions rather than make
speeches but evidence appears to the contrary. Carl Rove and his
divide and win policy certainly has not helped any. The demise of
newspapers has led to the uniformed believing what they read on
internet blogs or hear screamed by talking heads who are paid for
their ability to arouse, not for their ability to be truthful. Those
who denigrate the current administration via ad-hominem attacks and
factless accusations are part of the problem - and screaming,
shouting, and spittle do not lead to a dialog, solution, unity, or
progress. Did anyone ever see Regan, for example, stoop to this
level? or Eisenhower? or even either of the Bushes?

No, but we saw a lot of it from FDR, JFK, LBJ, Jimmie "the Klutz" Carter,
the Clintons and, now, BHO - the Affirmative Action President.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus23298 wrote:
On 2010-04-01, RBnDFW wrote:
[...]

Oddly enough..Im a banjo player as well. Yet the leftwing fringe kook
extremists here think that Im some sort of rightwing fanatic.

I simply calls em like I see em.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Oddly enough..Im a banjo player as well. Yet the leftwing fringe kook
extremists here think that Im some sort of rightwing fanatic.

I simply calls em like I see em.

You should have plenty of free, leftist catgut after the cull... ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus23298 wrote:
On 2010-04-01, RBnDFW wrote:
[...]

The way it works is you have to go to school long enough to be indoctrinated
with liberalism. When they brainwash you enough to fit the mold of a
liberal then they tell you that you are thinking for yourself. If you have
any opinion that disagrees with modern liberalism as taught in schools, then
you are not thinking for yourself. Liberals think for themselves and give
the indoctrinated cookie cutter answer, and anyone that comes up with their
own answer isn't thinking for themselves.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...

The way it works is you have to go to school long enough to be
indoctrinated with liberalism. When they brainwash you enough to fit the
mold of a liberal then they tell you that you are thinking for yourself.
If you have any opinion that disagrees with modern liberalism as taught in
schools, then you are not thinking for yourself. Liberals think for
themselves and give the indoctrinated cookie cutter answer, and anyone
that comes up with their own answer isn't thinking for themselves.

RogerN

Kind'a like fundie christians, huh?

--
JR

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus23298 wrote:
On 2010-04-01, RBnDFW wrote:
[...]

There are times that I'd like to smash my TV and computer, buy some fishing
rods and a banjo, and go live in a cabin.

But I'm hooked.

--
Ed Huntress

On 2010-04-01, RBnDFW wrote:
[...]

So how did you escape all of this, Roger? 'Raised by wolves, were you? Or
didn't you go to school long enough for all of that to happen?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jeff R. wrote:
"RogerN" wrote in message
m...

The way it works is you have to go to school long enough to be
indoctrinated with liberalism. When they brainwash you enough to fit the
mold of a liberal then they tell you that you are thinking for yourself.
If you have any opinion that disagrees with modern liberalism as taught in
schools, then you are not thinking for yourself. Liberals think for
themselves and give the indoctrinated cookie cutter answer, and anyone
that comes up with their own answer isn't thinking for themselves.

RogerN

Kind'a like fundie christians, huh?

Exactly alike. Except that Liberals went to school long enough.
And RogerN, instead, had his fantasy book.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 23:40:48 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Oddly enough..Im a banjo player as well. Yet the leftwing fringe kook
extremists here think that Im some sort of rightwing fanatic.

I simply calls em like I see em.

You should have plenty of free, leftist catgut after the cull... ;-)

You know..Id not thought about that...true indeed! Though given the
source...think it would ever be able to be tuned?

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 14:22:40 +1000, "Jeff R." wrote:

"RogerN" wrote in message
om...

The way it works is you have to go to school long enough to be
indoctrinated with liberalism. When they brainwash you enough to fit the
mold of a liberal then they tell you that you are thinking for yourself.
If you have any opinion that disagrees with modern liberalism as taught in
schools, then you are not thinking for yourself. Liberals think for
themselves and give the indoctrinated cookie cutter answer, and anyone
that comes up with their own answer isn't thinking for themselves.

RogerN

Kind'a like fundie christians, huh?

Which fundie christians are you referring to? After all...80% of
Americans believe in God.

So that has to include some few Leftards..right? Or are the Leftards
20% or less of society?

And in 2 yrs..they will get to find out if there is a God or not.

VBG

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

Here now! Banjo players are all carefree, happy fellows, like myself.
Most of us wouldn't know a politician if we met him; heck, some of us
don't even know what color one is :-)

There are times that I'd like to smash my TV and computer, buy some fishing
rods and a banjo, and go live in a cabin.

But I'm hooked.

How about we set up a fund to buy James Taylor a banjo?

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jeff R." wrote in message

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...

The way it works is you have to go to school long enough to be
indoctrinated with liberalism. When they brainwash you enough to fit the
mold of a liberal then they tell you that you are thinking for yourself.
If you have any opinion that disagrees with modern liberalism as taught
in schools, then you are not thinking for yourself. Liberals think for
themselves and give the indoctrinated cookie cutter answer, and anyone
that comes up with their own answer isn't thinking for themselves.

RogerN

Kind'a like fundie christians, huh?

--
JR

Actually there is a huge difference that a liberal probably can never see.
Solid foundations are laid but liberals destroy foundations and then build
their own by "thinking for themselves", the problem is that their foundation
isn't 10% as good as the one they destroyed. Over time they erode the
foundation for the belief until the can claim anything they want. Tearing
down a solid foundation for a belief and then building a weaker one, and
then believing the weaker foundation is true is how liberals change the
facts of history over time.

Some examples, liberals today think they know what happened 2000 years ago
but the people that were actually there at the time don't. That is why God
had people write down what happened and preserve it over time.

Another example, liberals claim the New Testament wasn't written until
hundreds of years after the fact. Though they don't have any actual
original documents, what was written and what was left out dates the
documents. For example, the same libtards that claim the NT was written
hundreds of years after it happened also claim the Disciples thought Jesus
would return in their life time. That reveals an error in logic that
liberals are willing to ignore because their goal is to destroy truth, not
believe truth.

The bottom line is that liberal beliefs are built on destroying solid
foundations and building ever weakening foundations, the result is that the
actual truths get erased over time. Others take a base line, the solid
foundation truth, and don't destroy the foundation unless they find evidence
that the foundation is flawed.

The bottom line difference between a liberal and a fundie Christian is the
Christian believes truth on a solid foundation, the liberal believes in
destroying solid foundations and building weaker ones to believe in. What's
it been, a couple hundred years since slavery in the USA? And already the
liberal Democrats have conveniently forgot that they were the ones wanting
slavery. Today the issue is killing babies, in the future they will
probably be trying to wipe out the fact they were the ones for killing
babies.

For a liberal, truth is what they want it to be, for others, the truth is
the truth.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...

snip
[...]

No, just go to school, think for yourself, and see through the liberal BS.

On the part of believing in the Bible, I found all kinds of liberal attacks
on the Bible, looked at arguments for and against, saw the arguments for
being proven true through facts, saw the arguments against dissolving due to
the same facts. For example, the book of Isaiah was attacked by liberal
Bible scholars making claims that it was written by different people and
different times, then the complete, or nearly complete, writings of Isaiah
were discovered in the Dead Sea Scrolls and dated, bottom line, the Bible
was right .. again, the liberals were wrong .. again.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Oddly enough..Im a banjo player as well. Yet the leftwing fringe kook
extremists here think that Im some sort of rightwing fanatic.

I simply calls em like I see em.

You should have plenty of free, leftist catgut after the cull... ;-)

You know..Id not thought about that...true indeed! Though given the
source...think it would ever be able to be tuned?

After all the drugs are rinsed out, and think of all the cats it'll
save...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 01:00:52 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

.. .

Ignoramus23298 wrote:
On 2010-04-01, RBnDFW wrote:
[...]

You have to view it as it really is - sort of a Lucy and Dezi sort of
show. With tragic overtones.

Take this little segment of the Great American Public, there are
enough characters here to make a movie, except that any decent movie
director would reject most of them as being unbelievable. Pogo Was
right - we've meet the enemy and it IS us.

Cheers,

John D.
(jdslocombatgmail)

Old time manufacturing Rick[_9_] Metalworking 16 May 25th 09 05:31 AM
Manufacturing our own spectacles? JR North Metalworking 0 January 5th 09 12:11 AM
manufacturing in Germany. Wes[_2_] Metalworking 4 February 16th 08 01:02 AM
Putting and Offer on Townhome in Booming Area [email protected] Home Ownership 12 January 8th 07 09:03 PM
What is the future of manufacturing? Hardwired Metalworking 157 August 22nd 03 02:14 AM