Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default House wiring problem

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 19:43:40 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

We lived, somehow, for years with non polarized two prong
sockets. We had some problems, but everyone does.

We had an Emerson radio with a plasstic case that was chipped, so the
metal chassis on the bottom touched the metal table that the radio was
on. The table touched the metal edging around the formica kitchen
counter, and touching that anywhere along the 10 feet of it gave a
small tingle. Wouldn't have happened these days.

But otoh, it made me strong. The electricity stimulated the growth
of dendrites and chest hair, so now I'm the man I am.

I actually don't think it was a big problem, but otoh, for new
construction all theese changes have cost very little.