Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Dave is offline

Default House wiring problem

"Nonny" wrote in message

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Dave wrote:
wrote in message
On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 14:06:37 -0500, wrote:

Floating ground... Okay. That would fit with what I saw up in the
attic,
about the wiring used in the house. sigh At least it's nothing
really
wierd. Always thought I ought to rewire the house, just didn't want
tackle that project. Wondering if I can live with it...

Many thanks.

Dave

I once worked for a photographer. He was in his second
studio. The original one burned down. Guess who had floating
grounds

Hmm. Okay, so how could floating grounds result in your house burning
down.
Seriously. Never heard of that.

Dave

Hi,
If you know what GFCI does, then your question is answered.
Ground wire is for extra safety.

Tony, please explain the fire without the abstract talk-around. Could you
please explain it? Please explain a floating ground and how it can spark
a fire.

Yes, *Please explain.* Otherwise you are just wasting all our time (and
especially mine.)

Dave