Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default LCD Monitor problem - pixel over saturated in pictures where colors change

Bob F wrote:
I have an old Sony LCD SDM-S81 that worked fine for me for a couple
weeks after I got it used. Today, I found it displaying pictures
badly, distorting the colors by seemingly greatly exagerating the
intensity of colors in areas with changing shades of colors (Photos
and Video, mostly). Additionally, the colors seem to flicker, as if
the problem alternates at a high rate.
Can anyone give me any advance clues as to what to look for when I
open it up?
It is the monitor. Plugging in my old CRT shows no suck problem.

Thanks.

FWIW. I finally got around to opening the monitor. I unplugged and replugged the
internal connectors, and tried it again. It seems, so far, to be working fine
now. Maybe I got lucky.