Posted to rec.woodworking
CW[_6_] CW[_6_] is offline

Default Woodsmith Video Tip??

"allen476" wrote in message

One thing dawned on me as I was working in the shop this afternoon.
What would happen to the zero clearance tip if you also needed to use
the miter gauge? I know that it was probably geared toward ripping (I
did watch it but we have no speakers for our computer and I was too
lazy to plug in the headphones) but it seemed a little too wasteful
and would be hard for most here to adjust the fence for the added
thickness. I know that on my saw I couldn't do it all.

The way that it is usually done is to set the fence for the cut then put the
hardboard downKeeps you from having to use a large piece and no fence
problems.