Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodsmith Video Tip??

On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 09:51:48 -0400, the infamous "J. Clarke"
scrawled the following:

On 4/2/2010 7:35 AM, Nova wrote:
d.williams wrote:
Some of the Woodsmith Video Tips have seemed to me to be a little
"geared to the complete novice". Not that we weren't all complete
novices at one time. This one borders on "what the......." . Just one
dufuss's opinion.

http://www.woodsmithtips.com/2010/04...autostart=true

I thought the tip cited above was rather lame as well but I did find
their second tip of using 1/8" dowel to peg both sides of a dado joint
something I've never considered doing.

http://www.woodsmithtips.com/2010/04...ls-for-dadoes/

The sheet of masonite for a zero clearance insert seems like an
expensive way to save a little bit of labor but it's also one of those
"It would never have occurred to me to do that" ideas so I can't fault
them for posting it.

Just remember that this new "tool" can be reused, preventing recurring
costs.

On the other hand I do wonder how much strength the pegged dadoes really
add to a plywood drawer.

Well, since it's primarily end-grain joinery, probably a good bit.

--
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent,
but the one most responsive to change.