Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold & Susan Vordos Harold & Susan Vordos is offline

Default Manufacturing is BOOMING in USA

"RBnDFW" wrote in message
Harold & Susan Vordos wrote:

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"RBnDFW" wrote in message
Pete C. wrote:
Hawke wrote:
On 4/1/2010 10:28 AM, Ignoramus23298 wrote:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...739806306.html

Manufacturing Expands World-Wide

Best month of activity in USA in six years, makes my search for an
investment in a warehouse, possibly, even too late, although
realistically I still have a chance. My own opinion, mostly based on
liquidation auction prices for equipment that is usable in modern
production (as opposed to clapped out 50 year old manual lathes), is
that we are about to see sharp economic growth.

U.S. factory operators saw their best month of activity in nearly
six
years during March. The Institute for Supply Management reported
Thursday that its index of manufacturing activity for March moved to
reading of 59.6, from 56.5 the month before and 58.4 in
January. March's level was above the 57.0 economists had expected to
see, and it was the highest reading since July 2004. Readings over
50
indicate growth.

I do think that "Obama haters" , who succumbed to pessimism because
of
who is in the White House, are making a big mistake in not
recognizing
that this country has every potential to be a great economic and
industrial machine. We are now in a bull stock market by any
standard,
and are seeing improvements in both growth and productivity. If this
continues, the United States will see a lot of incremental tax
revenues from additional economic activity and capital gains, and
that
alone could be a big help to reduce budget deficit.

"Obama policies", which anyone should be free to like or not like,
do
not fundamentally change the fact that we are a dynamic, capitalist
economy. In fact, availability of health insurance may help someone
move towards self-employment.

Don't try to tell right wingers that anything Obama is doing is
working,
is good policy, is successful, or is the right thing to do. They
continue to believe in the tried and failed policies that Bush and
the
republicans stand for, and that they put in place when Bush was
president. What's scary is that they want another chance to implement
the exact same failed policies again. They have simply not learned
that
what they believed was wrong. So don't try to tell them Obama's way
of
doing things is good. They won't hear of it. They're wedded to failed
policies and that's that. Now the rest of the normal people are all
starting to see what you see and what I have already said before,
things
are turning around and we are beginning a new phase of positive
economic
growth. Just be happy we're coming out of the Bush debacle and are
moving ahead once again and make some moves that allow you to profit
from seeing the obvious.

Hawke

Unfortunately, nobody left or right can admit when their policies have
failed, and mostly nobody can even correlate their policies and the
actual results since there is such a long lag time before they
typically
have any effect. This is of course why everything is cyclic.

Of course there's lag time.
The Bush policies are finally starting to yield positive results.
Of course, BHO's lackeys won't be giving Bush credit.

Just one question he Are you completely out of your freaking mind?

--
Ed Huntress

What I know and understand about politics wouldn't cover the bottom of a
very small thimble, but I have to ask, just as Ed did.
Are you out of your freaking mind? Ten years for Bush policies to
start working? Seems to me, they started working long ago. Why the
hell do you think we've been in the mess we've "enjoyed"?

of course my statement was tongue in cheek, and the responses were
predictable.
We've beaten this dead horse to death, but I do have to point out that
the current political and economic quagmire we find ourselves in has many
roots, and many more pointed fingers, some justified, some not.
My conclusion, which is worth what you pay for it, is that our leaders
did some incredibly stupid things over a long period of time. I think the
Democrats did the most damage, but not by much.
Today, I don't know if the situation is salvageable. I am just going to
take care of myself and the people I care about, hope for the best, plan
for the worst.
And I'm going to be a lot more politically active.

Blush!

I admit, I failed to see the tongue in cheek comment as such.

Yep---we're in one hell of a mess. Being politically active may not be
the solution. What we really need are statesmen, instead of individuals
looking to feather their own nests, as appears to be the case with the vast
majority of politicians (a word I use loosely).

Harold