Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus23667 Ignoramus23667 is offline

Default Manufacturing is BOOMING in USA

On 2010-04-02, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus23667 wrote:

That's good to hear. Sometimes I wonder if there's ever a WWIII, will the
USA be able to stand on our own manufacturing ability, or will we need to be
supplied by those we are at war with?

I believe that the US us able to make weapons, and such, but it lost
the ability to make networking components. Even the US government buys
China made Cisco equipment.

The idea of a Chinese produced router as part of a DOD network is scary as hell.

And yet true. http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread350381/pg1

Look for powerpoint slides there

Your post had me wondering where Intel has chip fabrication located so I did a bit of
googling.

This link is a couple years old but I was pretty darn happy to see Intel doesn't have
fabrication plants in China. http://www.cpu-world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9550

Good to hear.