Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Festool, what kinda deal is that?

"Chris Friesen" wrote in message
el...
On 04/01/2010 01:39 PM, Max wrote:
I'm trying to buy a Festool TS75 *without* the 75 inch guide *but* with
two
55" guides. Seems they don't sell it thataway.
If I use the 75" plus a 55" connected I get a 130 inch guide which is way
more than I want. But I want the 55" for cross cutting a 4X8 panel.

What kinda deal is that!!!

What's keeping you from buying it with the 55" guide and then getting a
second 55" rail and rail connector separately?

McFeeley's has an interesting note about the TS75. Apparently they
recommend the 118" guide rail for ripping sheet goods because two 55"
rails connected together mean that you need to plunge into the workpiece
rather than being able to start off the end.

Lets see here, 2, 55" rails = 110". Sheeeto of plywood 96"- 110" =14".. I
dont think you will have to plunge cut using 2 55" rails. Cutting from
corner to corner to corner you need 107", maybe a little plunging needed but
then the saw was made to plunge..

I suspect the same would hold true for using the 55" for crosscutting a
48" panel...which is probably why they want to sell you the 75" rail.

Good point considering your comment above but I would assume the 55" which
comes with the smaller TS 55 saw may not need to be as long to not require
plunging.