Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Manufacturing is BOOMING in USA

"Steve Lusardi" wrote:

Iggy,
I'm amazed by your statement. When was the last time any product in the stores said "Made in the USA"? There is virtually no
serious manufacturing left in the States. You don't need statistics to witness this and in point of fact, without seeing US
products on the shelves, you have absolutely no justification for believing them. The same thing is happening in Europe and Japan.
We have already exported almost all of our manufacturing to the third world to remain competitive in the world market. Don't
believe the **** you read....look on the shelves.
Steve

I work in the manufacturing sector. I was pretty thrilled the other day when a stud we
use that was purchased off shore was replaced by a USA made item. USA was able to make
the spec and do it for a competitive price.

I purchase a lot of things from McMaster-Carr, I've noticed over time, that a huge amount
of what they sell is produced in the USA. When it isn't, it is from nations like France,
Germany, and Japan. I seldom recieve Chineese products from that firm.

Manufacturing isn't dead yet, we just have a lot of competition that didn't exist not so
long ago. It is sorting itself out.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller