Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Manufacturing is BOOMING in USA

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 22:36:43 +0200, the infamous "Steve Lusardi"
scrawled the following:

Iggy,
I'm amazed by your statement. When was the last time any product in the
stores said "Made in the USA"? There is virtually no
serious manufacturing left in the States. You don't need statistics to
witness this and in point of fact, without seeing US
products on the shelves, you have absolutely no justification for
believing them. The same thing is happening in Europe and Japan.
We have already exported almost all of our manufacturing to the third
world to remain competitive in the world market. Don't
believe the **** you read....look on the shelves.

Steve, I dare you to spend an hour in Walmart and NOT find at least a
hundred "Made in the USA" stickers on items. Manufacturing is still
alive and well here, but the mass production has gone entirely
overseas. Other companies are having things produced elsewhere and
assembled here, with our labor.

Virtually ALL of the small, custom items are still made here. Much
low-volume/high-technology stuff is made here, etc.

Don't write us off entirely.

Hell, my glare guards are made here in Oregon...by me, using as many
domestic products as possible. www.diversify.com/shades2.html
Volume? We won't discuss that. sigh

--

Do your glare guards make a TV screen viewable outdoors? I'm wondering
because one of my hobby projects is first person view R/C, mounting a camera

RogerN