Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Festool, what kinda deal is that?

"Swingman" wrote

Yep, that was my plan ... just talking about it makes me want to go out
and find something to play with it on ... and it's not like I haven't
already used the hell out of it almost daily since I got it.

Further clarification on the stop issue, if you'll notice on the multitude
of videos on youtube and Rockler, etc, on almost all the full length "rip"
type cuts you can see a stop being used; on almost all the shorter
crosscuts, like cutting the bottom off a door, you almost always see the
saw used without a stop.

BTW, did you see the link I posted last night? It says it all:

http://www.tracksaw.com/?ref=fog

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

I *saw* that. But I didn't really pay that much attention to the "stop".
I always set my depth of cut to accommodate the material anyway.
Now I'm beginning to think "beyond" the saw.
I retired as Fire Chief when I was 54. I started a business doing insurance
inspections and recently turned it over to my son.
But when I get the urge to splurge I do a few of those inspections.
The CFO here lets me spend that money any way I want.
I can see it now................inspect, buy a Festool vac. Inspect, buy a
Festool tool.
Damn!! What have I gotten into...............

Max