Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Festool, what kinda deal is that?

On 4/1/2010 7:36 PM, Max wrote:
"Swingman" wrote

Well, I think this has somehow gotten blown out of proportion with
regard to the real world.

If you put a stop on one end of the guide rail and just leave it
there, it becomes a moot point and you can indeed use two 55" guide
rails to cut a full sheet easily.

My personal preference is to not keep a stop on all the time and the
only way to get away with that, with full regard for safety, is to let
a bit of the guide rail hang over the workpiece and plunge the saw
before moving it forward.

In practice I don't think you will have a problem doing it either way.

It is really not a problem to leave the stop on.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Many thanks, Karl.
The 55" vs 75" is a moot point anyway because I want the TS75 and it
comes with the 75".

Yep, that was my plan ... just talking about it makes me want to go out
and find something to play with it on ... and it's not like I haven't
already used the hell out of it almost daily since I got it.

Further clarification on the stop issue, if you'll notice on the
multitude of videos on youtube and Rockler, etc, on almost all the full
length "rip" type cuts you can see a stop being used; on almost all the
shorter crosscuts, like cutting the bottom off a door, you almost always
see the saw used without a stop.

BTW, did you see the link I posted last night? It says it all:

http://www.tracksaw.com/?ref=fog

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08