Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Festool, what kinda deal is that?

"Swingman" wrote

Well, I think this has somehow gotten blown out of proportion with regard
to the real world.

If you put a stop on one end of the guide rail and just leave it there, it
becomes a moot point and you can indeed use two 55" guide rails to cut a
full sheet easily.

My personal preference is to not keep a stop on all the time and the only
way to get away with that, with full regard for safety, is to let a bit of
the guide rail hang over the workpiece and plunge the saw before moving it
forward.

In practice I don't think you will have a problem doing it either way.

It is really not a problem to leave the stop on.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Many thanks, Karl.
The 55" vs 75" is a moot point anyway because I want the TS75 and it comes
with the 75".

Max