Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Festool, what kinda deal is that?

"Swingman" wrote in message

If you are going to use the tool with sheetgood's in mind, the 75" and
55" are an ideal combination, for the reason in Chris' post.

Plus it keeps you from needing to install a rear stop on the guide
rail when making the initial plunge ... a step not needed if the
plunge is made before the blade engages the stock.

Go ahead, ignore this advice, but trust me, if you don't do it upfront,
and you are going to use the tool for what it excels at, cutting sheet
goods, you eventually will.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

I'm not about to ignore your advice as an experienced user but I think I may
be missing something.
Let me describe my present operation.
I have a guide that's 108" long. I use a left blade saw. The shoe/foot of
the saw goes against the guide and on *top* of a 1/2" piece of BB Ply. (The
portion of the shoe that runs *on* the plywood is 4-9/16" wide)
Here's the set-up:
http://picasaweb.google.com/contrari...24085940802930
I place the saw on the guide with the blade about 1" from the piece I'm
about to cut, "pull the trigger" and proceed thru the sheet of plywood and
have about 6 inches or so of guide left at the end. The blade doesn't
completely clear the end of the plywood but I "rock" the saw against the
heel of the shoe and clear the cut, wait for the blade to stop spinning and
I've completed my cut. What I'm not clear about is why I need 130" of
guide. Having said that, I'll go with your advice and get the TS75 with the
75" guide and also order a 55" with connectors.

Max (in appreciation for your patience) {:-)