Posted to rec.woodworking
marc rosen marc rosen is offline

Default Festool, what kinda deal is that?

On Apr 1, 3:39*pm, "Max" wrote:
I'm trying to buy a Festool TS75 *without* the 75 inch guide *but* with two
55" guides. *Seems they don't sell it thataway.
If I use the 75" plus a 55" connected I get a 130 inch guide which is way
more than I want. *But I want the 55" for cross cutting a 4X8 panel.

What kinda deal is that!!!

Max

Hey Max,
At about the time I bought my 75, Festool allowed their dealers the
option of upgrading the supplied rail with a longer rail ( and the
customer paying the difference). I declined because I would use the
rail from my MFT witht the supplied rail to cut 8 foot sheets but I do
agree with Chris' comments from Mcfeely's; it is a lot easier to
plunge prior to the cut than into the board itself.
I don't know if that offer is current but I would check with Festool
themselves. It seems that if they have a special their dealers would
abide by that even if they are unaware (as my delear was) when it was
running.
One other thing; Are all Festool dealers offering 10% off saws and
blades or just Woodcraft?

Marc