Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus23298 Ignoramus23298 is offline

Default Manufacturing is BOOMING in USA

On 2010-04-01, Gunner Asch wrote:

Chuckle...wait the the Commerical Real Estate Crunch hits.

Want to start a manufacturing business? Come out to California.

Lots and lots of existing shops here, where the owners simply walked
away from the building, leaving all the machinery(unpaid for), all the
tools (unpaid for) and all the piles of completed work (unpaid for)
still sitting in the shipping dock.

Ill bet you could get a complete shop for simply walking in the front
door.

Course..you better have at least 4 yrs worth of expense money in the
bank.....

I do not want to own a manufacturing business because I will mess it
up.

However, I welcome the commercial real estate collapse because I want
to buy commercial (industrial) real estate to rent to manufacturing
businesses.

Ultimately, the collapse of commercial real estate is good for buyers
and renters of real estate, which means it is good for companies that
look to expand and buy into new space.

If I could buy a collapsed company (assets only, no liabilites) I
could sell off the equipment to help finance the purchase. Right now,
the prices for industrial equipment that is still usable for modern
shops, are increasing again. That's why I realized a few weeks earlier
that we'll have a good uptick in manufacturing - someone is buying
this stuff to expand on the cheap.