Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Time to split the group?

On 3/31/2010 5:23 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
On 03/31/2010 08:14 AM, Swingman wrote:

I ran a Fido node and echo mail relay back in the 80's & 90's.

I messed around a wee bit with Fido in the eighties, but I didn't let it
suck me in too far.

The political bickering on the wRec is child's play compared to the OS/2
versus Windows war's in the early to mid nineties on FidoNet ...

Ah yes, the operating system wars. I lived all through the first part as
an outsider, then came into the IBM OS/2 programming center in 1993
right after the divorce. I can still see all the OS/2 source code from
where I'm sitting. sigh

I'll never forget feeling the first time I got a computer to connect to
another computer across town ... on the same level of the very first
time I played a guitar chord against a friends banjo strum ...both
religious experiences that made your hands shake.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08