Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default Time to split the group?

On 03/31/2010 08:14 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 3/31/2010 8:04 AM, Jack Stein wrote:

I've been participating in "newsgroups" since the FidoNet (FightoNet)
days, and it was no different then. Fighto net was moderated and on
topic posts were generally requested, but seldom maintained. Flame fests
broke out on most high traffic groups, and that hasn't changed a bit in
all these years, and I suspect it never will change.

I ran a Fido node and echo mail relay back in the 80's & 90's.

I messed around a wee bit with Fido in the eighties, but I didn't let it suck me in too far.

The political bickering on the wRec is child's play compared to the OS/2
versus Windows war's in the early to mid nineties on FidoNet ...

Ah yes, the operating system wars. I lived all through the first part as an outsider, then
came into the IBM OS/2 programming center in 1993 right after the divorce. I can still see
all the OS/2 source code from where I'm sitting. sigh

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.