Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Festool, DeWalt, or Makita?

"Max" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in message

What are you looking for exactly?

Well, I *was* looking for a *straight* edge; something to guide my
circular saw when cutting panel goods.
Now that I've been shown the advantages, especially dust collection, of
the "track" saws, I'm strongly inclined toward the purchase of one.

The dust collection is wonderful. I added a dusto collector to my shop
about 5 years ago after dealing with it for the previous 25 years. 3 years
ago I bought the Festool Domino and the CT22 Festool vac. 2 years ago I
started adding the Rotex Sander and Festool finish sander. Quiet and I no
longer get dusty. I no longer have to clean up before going insde at the
end of the day. I no longer have to blow out the shop befor applying a
finish to a fresh sanded project.

The really cool thing about Festool tools is that they address and fix many
problems that you did not realize you had.
Storage a problem? You can stack and lock together 6' of Festool tools on
top of a Festool CT 33 or CT 22 shop vac. I'm up to about 2' and I am about
ready to add another foot with the TS55 saw. That will leave me 3 more feet
for more tools. ;~)

Beginning April 1 through May 31 Festool is offering a 10% off sale on
both of their Track saws and accessories for those saws. I'll probably
be getting the TS55 saw.

I'm leaning toward the TS75. In fact, I'm about to fall.

Max