Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Festool, DeWalt, or Makita?

"Swingman" wrote in message
On 3/30/2010 8:57 PM, Max wrote:

Well, *if* I go with the Festool, it will be the FS75. I've read where
the smaller one seems underpowered.

I don't think it is, but I have FS75, mainly due to the extra depth of
cut. I am a firm believer in "batch cutting" as a means of maintaining
'square" in cabinet components, and this extra depth allows me to cut more
stock at a time.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Question:
Will a 1-1/4" vac hose fit the Festool ?

I can't answer that from personal experience. I bought the smaller vac
(CT22E) mainly because Leon's advise, and due to the "fit" with all the
other tools, and I have a large dust collector in the shop for the heavy
work ... and I have plans to switch over to mostly Festool on things like
routers, jigsaw, etc. as jobs, and finances, permit, which work with
either Festool vac. (I may be dreaming here, but what the hell)

I will say that Leon ordered, for both of us, an adapter that fits the
Kreg pocket hole jig so either of the Festool vacs can be used with it, so
I think you may be OK in that regard.

Perhaps he will chime in here.

Excellent!

I got the 75" guide rail with the FS75, and bought an extra 55" guide
rail, along with the kit for joining guide rails. This gives me more than
enough flexibility for the longest diagonal cut on a 4 x 8 sheet of
plywood, and the ease of use of the 55" on a 4 x 4 sheet, or smaller,
sheet.

These guide rails excel at diagonal cuts that you can't do on a table saw
... something I've been beating my head against, looking for a solution,
for years.

All my Festool stuff thus far were purchased locally at Rockler, but I
have the shipping boxes for both guide rails and they are stout enough to
make pretty good containers for general shop use, if not for long term
offsite use.

Good news.

Let me know if you have any more questions ... this Festool stuff is dear
to my heart .. even the cons far outweigh the pros of most of the tools
built today.

Then again, I'm getting to be a softy in my old age:

http://picasaweb.google.com/karlcail...60276095952578

Cute as a...........dare I say...kitten?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Thanks,