Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Festool, DeWalt, or Makita?

"Swingman" wrote

Lord have mercy! If you can stand the freight, run, don't walk, to get
the Festool FS55 or FS75!

The guide rails come with all that stuff and I've cut a lot of sheet goods
(and even tubafours and sheathing) thus far with no inkling of having to
replace any of those components.

There are a world of videos on youtube ... check'em out.

Festool will put a smile on your face ... GUARANTEED!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Well, *if* I go with the Festool, it will be the FS75. I've read where the
smaller one seems underpowered.
Thanks for the recommendation.
Question:
Will a 1-1/4" vac hose fit the Festool ?
I have enough shop vacs of various sizes that I'd hate to have to get the
festool vac just for the saw.
Question?
I would be ordering online. Can the 102" guide rail be shipped with
*reasonable* expectation that it won't get damaged?

Max